Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]Instant water heater - pump control not functioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabahking86

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

My instant shower heater pump control is not functioning. The model is ELTON SP818. I was trying to understand which portion of electronic or mechanical is not functioning. Could somebody share with me if you have experience to repair instant shower heater? Attached is the internal photo of my instant water heater.

IMG_4748.JPG

The electronics looks complicated. Not easy to diagnose.

Were you able to run it while observing it? Does the motor spin?

Do incoming power wires make good contact? Are set-screws tightened?

Did adjustments get out of adjustment?

Look for signs of burning where brushes meet commutator. Did the unit ever stall in use? If so then a winding probably got burnt, which means the unit will never be the same.

I suppose all the mechanical contact (screw,..) should be good. This is because my pump is breakdown during i taking the bath. The internal pump of heater is suddenly malfunction. The heater should be still ok. If the root cause of my pump for water is malfunction, i will change a new one. But if the malfunction is due to the control circuit i would like to repair. Now my problem is to localize the problem. I saw few triacs at control circuit. Do you know how i can verify whether this triacs is still in good condition?

Check the power supply from the triac to the motor. For example, the controller can start the motor due to the pressure sensor is not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back