Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] How to plot magnetic field radiation of an antenna in HFSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

farhanahmed

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am facing an issue. I designed a monopole antenna in HFSS. I need to plot just the magnetic field radiation around it. When I plot it in HFSS I get an option to plot the whole field including electric and magnetic field(rE), whereas I need to plot just the magnetic field around the antenna using HFSS.
Till now I haven't been able to find any particular way to plot just the magnetic field in HFSS.
Please help.
Thanks in advance.

first of all you should draw a non model box around your design at the position you want to plot the h field on it. Then you should select this box and with mouse right click choose to plot field. In the plot field sub menu choose h field and you choose vector or magnitude of h field. You may also use field calculator to plot an equation based on any field in the design. Before that make sure that the simulator has calculated the fields at the frequency you need to plot the field at.

Thank you very much @moh.haroun.
I was facing one more issue, just check if you could give me a solution. Upon running my model I get an error in HFSS that says: "Port 2 supports an additional propagating or slowly decaying mode whose attenuation is xxxxxx and propagation constant is xxxxxx' . Now can you please say if there's a solution for this issue?
Thank You again.

please check excitation --> port 1 how many modes it contains.

Hello,
There are 2 modes I even checked up with 3 and 1 mode but it gives the same error. Thank You very much for your help.
I am spending a lot of time on this but I am unable to resolve the issue. Please help.

Can you attach a snapshot of your model and a snapshot of the error message please?

Hello,
Thank you for your answers.
Actually I am designing a coaxial cable and then placing in the coaxial cable a metal mirror of size 1mm to 2mm, such that some of the signal is transmitted and the rest is being reflected back. From 0.5 to 13 GHz the output is as theoretically it should be but at higher frequencies the output is having several irregularities which is mostly because other circular waveguide modes are being excited and being superimposed on the coaxial TEM mode.
I am attaching the copy of my model and the error.
Thank You for showing concern.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

please the website is saying that the attachments are invalid. upload them as jpeg images please.

model1.PNG
I uploaded PNG format which is allowed in this forum. I will recheck though.

- - - Updated - - -

model2.PNG
I guess now its working

- - - Updated - - -

model3.PNG
dfgdfgdssgdg

- - - Updated - - -

error.PNG
This are the errors that are being displayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back