Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[MOVED] Fresher to the PIC18F4520!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

V.RAGHUVEER

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sir,
i am fresher to coding the programs in PIC CONTROLLERS.... But i stated working with this controllers...I am getting errors while i am programming with PICKIT-3 d PICDEM-2 plus..Can U show me a way how to compile in effective manner.....Can you guide me how i can program effectively...Such that i should be a master in programming!!@@@.... How should i start exactly???@@.....

check following...
Try another microcontroller (some uC's could have manufacturing defects)
check your connections, port configuration, cable length, etc.
Check if your program is written correctly and can be run in your pic.

"Pic Microcontroller and Embedded System" by Muhammad Ali Mazidi is a good book to start

Are you coding in Assembly or C language?

If C language, what IDE/Compiler are you currently using?

I would be more than happy to lend assistance, however additional information will be needed.

BigDog

Are you coding in Assembly or C language?

If C language, what IDE/Compiler are you currently using?

I would be more than happy to lend assistance, however additional information will be needed.

BigDog

I am coding in C language..
In 'C' i am currently using PICKIT-3 as compiler and software MPLAB IDE v8.83...
I will be extremely happy if you can help me in correcting my errors....
Thanks a lot sir,
Raghu

Actually the PICkit3 is a programmer/debugger, you are most likely using the Microchip C18 Compiler with MPLAB IDE.

Have you worked your way through the following guide/tutorial:

MPLAB C18 Compiler Getting Started Guide

A few other tutorials for the PIC18F family using the Microchip C18 Compiler:

**broken link removed**

The PIC Microcontroller: Introduction

The above tutorials should keep you busy for a while, if you have any questions while working through the tutorials just post them here.

BigDog

Re: [MOVED] PIC18F4520 LED display!!@@

Dear Sir,
While these are the errors... Can you kindly rectify them.....

C:\Users\Downloads\PIC-LED-Example1\main.c:17:Error [1205] unknown member 'PCFB0' in '__tag_80'
C:\Users\Downloads\PIC-LED-Example1\main.c:17:Error [1131] type mismatch in assignment
C:\Users\Downloads\PIC-LED-Example1\main.c:22:Error [1105] symbol 'PORTB0' has not been defined
C:\Users\Downloads\PIC-LED-Example1\main.c:22:Error [1101] lvalue required
C:\Users\Downloads\PIC-LED-Example1\main.c:25:Error [1105] symbol 'TRISB0' has not been defined
C:\Users\Downloads\PIC-LED-Example1\main.c:25:Error [1101] lvalue required

Please recitify those errors sir....

Re: [MOVED]Rectification of errors in PIC18F4520!

Upload or Post your code, using CODE Tags, so that it can be examined.

View attachment main.txt

Sir,
Can you please rectify these errors for me

C:\Users\Downloads\PIC-LED-Example1\main.c:15:Error [1205] unknown member 'PCFB0' in '__tag_80'
C:\Users\Downloads\PIC-LED-Example1\main.c:15:Error [1131] type mismatch in assignment
C:\Users\Downloads\PIC-LED-Example1\main.c:16:Error [1205] unknown member 'PCFB1' in '__tag_80'
C:\Users\Downloads\PIC-LED-Example1\main.c:16:Error [1131] type mismatch in assignment
C:\Users\Downloads\PIC-LED-Example1\main.c:17:Error [1205] unknown member 'PCFB2' in '__tag_80'
C:\Users\Downloads\PIC-LED-Example1\main.c:17:Error [1131] type mismatch in assignment
C:\Users\Downloads\PIC-LED-Example1\main.c:18:Error [1205] unknown member 'PCFB3' in '__tag_80'
C:\Users\Downloads\PIC-LED-Example1\main.c:18:Error [1131] type mismatch in assignment
C:\Users\Downloads\PIC-LED-Example1\main.c:20:Error [1105] symbol 'PORTB0' has not been defined
C:\Users\Downloads\PIC-LED-Example1\main.c:20:Error [1101] lvalue required
C:\Users\Downloads\PIC-LED-Example1\main.c:23:Error [1105] symbol 'TRISB0' has not been defined
C:\Users\Downloads\PIC-LED-Example1\main.c:23:Error [1101] lvalue required

Presently i am using LP-PICDEM 2 PLUS
If these errors are rectified LED will blink with this code....
Raghu

Re: [MOVED]Rectification of errors in PIC18F4520

Post your code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back