Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] Energy band formation

Status
Not open for further replies.

p11

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
orbitals are nothing but a 3d space around a nucleus where the probability of finding electron is max . According to pauli's exclusion principle each orbital cant have more than 2 electrons of opp spins .so this 2 electrons must have same energy but diff quantum state .now if more and more atoms are brought together then , their orbitals combine and discrete energy levels are formed . more the number of atoms more will be the energy levels and thus a band is formed . Now those energy levels corresponding to which no band is formed gives rise to band gap or forbidden energy gap,

plz help me , i have an interview and if question is asked like how band gap is formed , is my answer convincing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.