Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] Choosing for Printed circuit board prototyping

Status
Not open for further replies.

showmy

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have sent some PCB designs to factories for prototyping. The price, however, varies greatly. Some ask 200USD for a four-layer 5cm*10cm PCB prototyping. While some only ask for 50USD. I assume that there are differences between these two factories. However, I could not find the differences. Could I ask for some advice here?

Hi,

Could I ask for some advice here?
Yes, that's what a forum is for.

What are your questions?

Klaus

I have sent some PCB designs to factories for prototyping. The price, however, varies greatly. Some ask 200USD for a four-layer 5cm*10cm PCB prototyping. While some only ask for 50USD. I assume that there are differences between these two factories. However, I could not find the differences. Could I ask for some advice here?

Hi,

There are mainly four differences between them:

1. Board raw material, whether it's import or local.
2. Ink.
3. Process technology. Do you have special requirements on the board? Such as gold plating, etc..
4. Lead time.

Hope it can help you.

Steffie

What are the tooling charges...
Some will charge less for prototypes to try and get your production runs... also charging will depend on available capacity as well as other commercial factors.
The problem is different prices for the same board I believe....

If you only want prototypes then 'd look to iseedstudio for ultra cheap boards.

The main difference will be the quality of the PCB material between the vendors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back