Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[MOVED] Buying ATINY's in Bangalore, where ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayachar88

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Spent 4-5 hours scourging "S.P.Road" (Bangalore), and couldn't find --
ATTINY2313-20PU, ATTINY45/85 or ATTINY43/4313.

I did find discontinued ATTINY2313-10PU, for an exorbitant figure at one shop, and looked like a scratch-n-dent case. Anyhow, for my particular application, the -10PU one wasn't acceptable.

The standard / official distributors of ATMEL won't even talk to you, if you don't talk of min. 10k pcs. Once I did manage to get connected to a local channel partner of a large pan-India Atmel distributor, and those folks had quoted around 250/- per pc, (for 5 pcs.), when Vishal was selling it for around 75 bucks or so.

Re: Buying ATINY's in Bangalore, where ?

Hi,

Have you checked in NSK?
Which atmel distributor u r checking with.

The distributor wasn't so bad. Their local channel partner's price was. I can understand distributor not wanting to talk to people having retail quantity needs. Not to bad mouth, I sent you a PM instead, if you are interested.

I did check with NSK... it is the one in the gully band opp Vishal, right ?

Did a little math, and I figure that if one is certain of needing 25 odd pcs of an MCU, it is probably better to order from Mouser. They ship FedEx, and you generally get the material 3rd or 4th day at most. That's what I've decided to do, if I don't find a better local source soon. I might as well sell the unused MCUs on ebay, at cost (i.e. what it cost me, with the shipping & any incidental customs, div by # of units). Great thing about Mouser is that for $40, you can get a lot of components, some of which, I am sure I will almost NEVER EVER find in retail, in India. Oh, how I wish there were a Mouser "in" India... and I'd not mind paying a 25% premium over US prices, but with local shipping. Note that the 25% premium over US price should take care of the roughly 12% customs duty applicable on most parts. The online parts stores in India, "****" bigtime. They just seem to buy retail from shops, and charge a 30-50% premium + shipping.... all in the name of darn Robotics !!

Amar radio corpn, Ankit Electronics, Saini Electronics, Sunrise Electronics, OM electronics, Darshan Electronics may be enquired for the said devices. As an online option you may try Element 14 which has shipping from bangalore too.
Cheers

Amar radio corpn, Ankit Electronics, Saini Electronics, Sunrise Electronics, OM electronics, Darshan Electronics may be enquired for the said devices.

Did check Om electronics (the old shop), and they redirected me to Darshan (is it the same as the new robotics oriented Om, 'coz I never found it). Also did check Ankit (it's the one who specialize in SMD right?). Will check the rest on the weekend. Actually, people did have atmega... that too mostly 324P (uh!), some 168, and attiny2313 (old lot of 10MHz, I guess), but that's it. Anyhow, I get the impression that in SP Road, actually one 2-3 shops actually stock MCU's, rest just keep "getting it from somewhere". So not finding in 2-3 shops, seems to indicate it is not available in general.

Another funny thing... no one has SMD inductors and high precision crystals (unless I missed some shop)... will do it this weekend.

As an online option you may try Element 14 which has shipping from bangalore too.
Man, they are expensive (if you mean the chips-n-kits side of the story)... they are almost at the same price-level as the Robotics kits folks, but have slightly better inventory. The professional side of Element14 needs Sales-Tax regn. no., which I don't have.

sourcetechnologi bangalore.

sourcetechnologi bangalore.

Electronic Component Suppliers,Electronic Component Manufacturers,Exporters and Suppliers India
"Welcome to SOURCE TECHNOLOGI – The leading wholesale supplier of electronic components."
and then in another page...
"Note:
Retail quantity shall be supported against cash purchase.

Delivery Schedule:
Ex - Stock immediate, Non - Stock before 7 / 10 days."

Now, that does give me hope. The range of products seems impressive. Question would be what is their inventory like. Will get in touch with them.
Thanks a lot, @embedsys. BTW, do you have personal experience in dealing with them ?

Man, they are expensive (if you mean the chips-n-kits side of the story)... they are almost at the same price-level as the Robotics kits folks, but have slightly better inventory. The professional side of Element14 needs Sales-Tax regn. no., which I don't have.
Yes i have experienced it too...LOL
Cheers

Have u heard of WPG Electronics ? They are Authorised distributors for Atmel, Even they support samples also. just check ur PM for their mail ID.

Have u heard of WPG Electronics ? They are Authorised distributors for Atmel, Even they support samples also. just check ur PM for their mail ID.
We do not entertain private sharing. Here is the contact details for avery one

WPG Electronics (India) Pvt Ltd (Bangalore)
# 8, "Anugraha" 1st Cross, 17th Main,
HAL 2nd "A" Stage, Bangalore 560008

Tel: +91 80 43424444
Fax: +91 80 43424445
Email: sales.india@wpi-group.com

@Pranam,
I PM ed him the mail id of the person who can directly help him out, without much wasting the time in contacting sales force(As he has already faced similar problem with AVNET:???:)
In the Rules its
5.0 PM - PRIVATE MESSAGE
The use of PM is strongly recomended, indeed encouraged. Use it for any communication, advise, request not strictly related to the topics threads. Use it to ask ftp links posters cannot or wouldn't make publics for security reasons. Clean your PM boxes on a regular basis.

Sharing a persons mail id of distributor in public it meant to me as promoting(advertising) directly which i didnt like so i PM ed .
Still if you found it was against forum rules. I apologies for it.
I too obey your forum rules.

Thanks @kirangowle. I saw you PM before seeing the updates on this thread.

@Pranam, I PM ed him the mail id of the person who can directly help him out, without much wasting the time in contacting sales force(As he has already faced similar problem with AVNET:???:) .
The same person could help every one needy in the forum in future too. Why the contact details should be limited to a single person through PM? Guess the forum rules doesnt support this behaviour. Too a multi-million company like WPG will not ever require advertising on the forums for its sales. Thus just putting up a mail id to get contacted will not amount to advertising / spam.

@ kirangowle
Do you have any experience with WPG Electronics for purchasing of Atmel parts Retail quantity like 50 Nos.

During Atmel Event i was able to meet a rep from WPG for Atmel Product the MOQ it Depends up on the Parts you are selected or Minimum order Value $1000.

P.Ashok Kumar

the authorized distributors are for taking orders for bulk and supplying them. If our needs are small like 25 , 50 etc, best to depend on dealers. Rs75 with Vishal appears OK.
you can order on him and he would supply the third day if not next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.