Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] Analog to Digital to Fiber Optic Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

amartin32

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
So I have been looking for way to send multiple analog signals through a Fiber Optic (FO) link. I need to have a sampling >= 10 MHz and >= 12bits of precision. I was told that a serial output ADC and serial input DAC is the most FO friendly way of going about this.

Just to make sure this is similar to using say a microcontroller to multiplex multiple analog signals and use an onboard ADC to send digitized data to say another microcontroller with a DAC to convert the signal to Analog?

Also if any of you have any suggestion as to what serial output ADC and serial input DAC I should look into would be greatly appreciated.

Also The FO link would have to interface the serial output of the ADC to say a DB-9 connection on the FO link?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

There is a device named optical multiplexer can multiplex multiple analog signals to to convert the signal to Analog.It can convert the signals between analog and digital.Maybe it can make your items more easier .

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back