Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor's input voltage parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajaram04

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all

Purchased a motor with labelled

------------
RK - 270RH
KD 46 6Z 17
------------

But seller is unable to describe much thing about the unit
but found very high speed when connected to 4v battery.

Well i want to know about the maximum voltage supply we can apply to them motor
here is snapshot >>>>>>>>>>

Image0904.jpgImage0905.jpg

thanks , . . .

Why are you running the motor without a load for it?

Sir by going through datasheet of the mototr i found it working with wall adapter supply of minimum 2 AMP with any voltage rating but not with 1 AMP rate . .
But how much maximum current rate its possible to apply so as to obtain maximum RPM ?
Is is 5 AMP or 7.5 AMP ? i am lil.bit confused there please help . . . .

Too when i am operating it with a 4v 1 Ah battery its working fine . . why that so ?

Hi,

Datsheet says " voltage 9.0V"

The RPM of this DC motor mainly depends on applied voltage.
The current of the motor mainly depends on torque.

Usually you run a motor by applying a "voltage", only a few applications use current control.

--> apply a voltage, and the current doesn't need to be controlled.

In the chart you see the relationship between torque, RPM and current with a constant 9V supply.

Klaus

Hi,

Datsheet says " voltage 9.0V"

The RPM of this DC motor mainly depends on applied voltage.
The current of the motor mainly depends on torque.

Usually you run a motor by applying a "voltage", only a few applications use current control.

--> apply a voltage, and the current doesn't need to be controlled.

In the chart you see the relationship between torque, RPM and current with a constant 9V supply.

Klaus

ok actually when i am connecting a 10" propeller its not working with 9v 1 AMP but working fine with 5v 2 AMP
so is it all ok to apply 9v 2 AMP ?
What if connect 9v & 3 or 5 AMP ??

Hi,

Why don't you read the datasheet.
It says I_max = 0.7A.

With your propeller and 9V you overload the motor.

Klaus

Hi,

Why don't you read the datasheet.
It says I_max = 0.7A.

With your propeller and 9V you overload the motor.

Klaus

ya its showing .762 A so it means this propeller is not suitable for the motor !!

But when i connect 4v 1 Ah battery its working fine like its working for a drone or helicopter . .

Hi,

Simple question: what's the current with 4V connected?

Maybe it's within the specified range...

Klaus

As per the datasheet (thanks albbg!) the motor is rated at 4.5V. The specs are on page 3, left graph. Please refer to the previous page to understand the graph.

Hi,

True.

There are two motors in one datasheet -RH and -SH..

Indeed the -RH is rated for 4V.

Klaus

ok actually when i am connecting a 10" propeller its not working with 9v 1 AMP but working fine with 5v 2 AMP
so is it all ok to apply 9v 2 AMP ?
What if connect 9v & 3 or 5 AMP ??

Builders of radio-controlled airplane try various motors with various propellers, to find the right combination for a plane.

In general a large prop spinning slowly, is better than a small prop 'whipping the air'.

Sometimes it works well to gear down the motor speed. This makes a better match of motor to prop size. Example, a weaker motor designed to run very fast with little torque. When you add load it slows down and draws excessive power. Therefore gear it down, increasing torque without increasing current draw.

How long and how often do you run your motor? If duty cycle is long then the problem is overheating. If short then you might get away with overloading it, but be prepared to buy a new motor again. That's the way it is with experimental aircraft.

The motor looks like an old design that is heavy, produces low power and has brushes that will soon wear out. My E-fliteRC radio controlled model airplanes, helicopters and drones use modern, lightweight, powerful brushless motors that do not wear out.

so from where to get such motors ? I am about to design a single prop unit just to lift up the module i am designing & its lighter than a drone & equivalent to a helicopter containing a battery a small microcontroller , connectors etc :)

I buy radio control products and their replacement parts from my local hobby store. The brand I like is www.e-fliterc.com . But I think you are in India which is very far away from my Canada and E-Flite's company is in America.

so from where to get such motors ? I am about to design a single prop unit just to lift up the module i am designing & its lighter than a drone & equivalent to a helicopter containing a battery a small microcontroller , connectors etc :)

A one-prop drone? I once imagined I could make a simple one-man helicopter. I would attach a propeller to a motor, hold it over my head, and rise into the air. Just 10 or 20 feet high because of the power cord. As I dreamed, however, I realized that the propeller would spin in one direction, and I would spin in the opposite direction. No go.

A conventional helicopter needs the tail rotor for stability. Helicopters require time and skill to learn to pilot them. Toppling is easy and often destructive (unless your craft has oversize skis attached).

You hope to make an experimental helicopter from scratch. It's a big challenge. Find out what motors they need, including watt consumption, speed, battery size and quantity, etc.

Your motor probably would work okay with an airplane of the proper size. Do you have experience with airplanes or 4-prop drones?

I have one model helicopter with a top rotor and a rear rotor facing the sides to cancel torque spinning and allow steering.
I have two model helicopters with two counter-rotating top rotors and a rear rotor facing up and down to allow it top go forward, hover or go backwards.

I buy radio control products and their replacement parts from my local hobby store. The brand I like is www.e-fliterc.com . But I think you are in India which is very far away from my Canada and E-Flite's company is in America.

ya but atleast i am getting ideas about very basics here & thanks for it

Yeah i studied same & came to know about the balancing with 2 prop or with side facing torque balance etc

Well i am learning as per discussion here & want to know about motor that is 4.5v & 1Ah battery is ok as per data sheet
where i hv RK-270 RH for now ???

In datasheet its .7 AMP so i am applying 4.5v 500mA supply via an old adapter

- - - Updated - - -

A one-prop drone? I once imagined I could make a simple one-man helicopter. I would attach a propeller to a motor, hold it over my head, and rise into the air. Just 10 or 20 feet high because of the power cord. As I dreamed, however, I realized that the propeller would spin in one direction, and I would spin in the opposite direction. No go.

A conventional helicopter needs the tail rotor for stability. Helicopters require time and skill to learn to pilot them. Toppling is easy and often destructive (unless your craft has oversize skis attached).

You hope to make an experimental helicopter from scratch. It's a big challenge. Find out what motors they need, including watt consumption, speed, battery size and quantity, etc.

Your motor probably would work okay with an airplane of the proper size. Do you have experience with airplanes or 4-prop drones?

no idea sir so learning

got this link

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.co...rcraft-design-explained-simply-with-pictures/

any from your side ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back