Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

motion activated time delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

speezguy

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I would like to turn a 110v fan off for several minutes when motion detected. Is there something I can buy or would I need to make something? I'm a Auto painter by trade and know very little about electronics.

You can use a PIR motion detector with a timer circuit which will suffice your requirement. Cheers

speezguy

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
There is a PIR module in Radio Shack that is really cheap and it will deliver an output signal when the movement is detected.

daviddlc said:
There is a PIR module in Radio Shack that is really cheap and it will deliver an output signal when the movement is detected.
When you say module, i presume you are refring to a PIR sensor with a circuit. Just a PIR sensor
will not be sufficient. An circuitry will also be required to make the sensor work. Thus as i have seen, the module will have a tiny jumper which will activate the output for 1 second/ 2 seconds depending on the position of the jumper. There are other makes which doesnt have this facility. One such module is available from
parallax. Refer the given link. Cheers **broken link removed**

pranam77 that is the exact module I was talking about.

Cheap and simple to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back