Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mosfet gate driving problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamid159

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hy guyz,,,, ..... i'm making an inverter so i'm using SG3524 to drive full bridge mosfet...about 3.2V on each mosfet gate....but the output is zero....i'm using 20n60 mosfet.... but these mosfets work well if i use push pull topology to drive transformer ,,,,,, Please help me ...that's the circuit diagram View attachment new.bmp

If you check my profile, you will discover that about a month ago I had the same problem. I have the following to tell you:
The SG3524 Ic has insufficient dead time to switch the MOSFETs ON and OFF very well.
Consider adding a totem pole arrangement to the output of the IC to fully drive the MOSFET.
Try using a driver IC like IRF2110 or TL527.
I later resolve to using SG3525 IC which has both a soft start and sufficient dead time capabilities.

Please the image is not loading...

- - - Updated - - -

Yes Ihve a circuit for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes Ihve a circuit for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you need it?

You definitely need gate drivers with 3524 and a higher gate voltage (e.g. 10 V).

thanks Ogu Reginald,,,,i've used SG3525 instead of 3524.some output has shown but could not measure it because this was just for a little time.and then SG3525 stopped to give output..i analyse circuit again and again and eventually got the problem.battery voltage drops to about 7V due to transformer load.minimum supply voltage is 8v.but if remove transformer all gets better.don't know what should i do.

If you have a transformer smaller than the one you previously used try using it but if you don't have, conduct neccessary tests to confirm if your transformer is ok.

Please try and merge this your threads, just abandon one. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.