Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mosfet driving circuit(IR2110)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokai1990

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i look forward to making a buck-boost converter ,the problem now is the firing of the MOSFET,i tried to fire it using IR2110 ,but i failed to fire one side only of the two sides ,so if any one has an idea about that,please help me or give me an easier way to fire the mosfet by the pwm coming from the uc.
thanks in advance

51_1319923693.gif

this is the cct schematic
i want a method to fire the mosfet used as aswitching device in i this cct

Hello rokai1990

u can not use high side driver of the IR2110 as the source of the MOSFET does not reach zero voltage (Vin when MOSFET is on and Vx when MOSFET off), So, the bootstrap capacitor will not charged, So, the MOSFET will not turn on.

u can use the low side driver of the IR2110, but u will use another supply for firing process(12v supply), the GND of that supply will connected to the source leg of the MOSFET and the 12v enters to the MOSFET gate according to the firing signals on the LIN pin.

Also u can use other firing ICs such as TLP250 opto.

Note that the MOSFET that i talking about is N channel MOSFET

Yeah, you can't use a bootstrapping driver for this, since the FET source voltage will be going up to Vin and down to Vout.

What you'll want is an optoisolated gate driver IC. But those do not provide the supply on the FET side needed. For that you'll either need a small isolated power supply, or some kind of more sophisticated bootstrapping circuit. This is one of the reasons you don't see boost buck DC-DC converters often.

Status
Not open for further replies.