Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mosfet driver and Vgs problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshh

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am using Ir2112 to drive mosfet, i measured between Ho and Vs which is (Vgs ) and it was 12 volt but the signal wasn't pure square there were a little Curvature in the up side and low side of the pulse . i don't know if this curvature is normal or i can enhance the circuit performance to get it pure square .I sent you the complete circuit for dc-dc buck converter which is drived by micro controller , i attached the a picture for the wave

Attachments

• 2014-03-05.jpg
    2014-03-05.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 114

I assume a measurement artefact. Vs is floating with respect to circuit ground, you need a differential probe to measure it fairly undistorted.

what do you mean by differential probe ? I created this circuit on test board, what should i do ?

Having a distorted sine wave might as well mean there could be ringing in gate driving circuit. Have you checked value of gate resistance properly?

Having a distorted sine wave might as well mean there could be ringing in gate driving circuit. Have you checked value of gate resistance properly?
the value of gate resistance is 22 ohm and a 2 K ohm resistance from gate to source . this is pwm signal and it is good when i measured it from Ho to ground

Status
Not open for further replies.