Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mosfet boost converter (above 100 A)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dante_clericuzzio

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to ask if there is Mosfet boost converter circuit diagram that can output 12 volt 600 amp of current? Or anything that is above 100 Amp.. kindly advise where can i get the schema

sounds like you need fets in parallel. im guessing this is a solar converter?
so maybe you can do loads of mini boosts in parallel

sounds like you need fets in parallel. im guessing this is a solar converter?
so maybe you can do loads of mini boosts in parallel

Where can i get such circuit how to connect them in parrallel?

Hi,

how to connect them in parrallel?
* all gates together
* all sources together
* all drains together

Klaus

if there is Mosfet boost converter circuit diagram that can output 12 volt 600 amp of current? /QUOTE]

I hope you understand your request. Let me explain;

1) 12v X 600A = 7200 watt output power.
2) I will sincerely doubt that, unless you are employing state of the art converters, that you efficiency can be greater than 80%, so the input power would be 7200/0.8 = 9000 watt.
3) Since it is a boost converter, the input voltage has to be lower than the output voltage. I will assume that your lowest operating voltage to be 8v.
4) Therefore you require to manage 9000/8 = 1125 amps input current.

Have you given a thought on the implications of carrying and handling that much current?
Do you understand the type of circuit protections which are required to clear a short circuit fault, from a source that can provide 1125 amp?

if there is Mosfet boost converter circuit diagram that can output 12 volt 600 amp of current? /QUOTE]

I hope you understand your request. Let me explain;

1) 12v X 600A = 7200 watt output power.
2) I will sincerely doubt that, unless you are employing state of the art converters, that you efficiency can be greater than 80%, so the input power would be 7200/0.8 = 9000 watt.
3) Since it is a boost converter, the input voltage has to be lower than the output voltage. I will assume that your lowest operating voltage to be 8v.
4) Therefore you require to manage 9000/8 = 1125 amps input current.

Have you given a thought on the implications of carrying and handling that much current?
Do you understand the type of circuit protections which are required to clear a short circuit fault, from a source that can provide 1125 amp?

Well all i need is to make it...the result later will show me the next progress...

Is it asking too much to demand a complete specification, including an input voltage range?

Either if the output current is 100 or 600 A, you would always prefer a multi-phase converter instead of a single-phase switcher with all switch transistors connected in parallel.

Status
Not open for further replies.