Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOS A's and P's miscalculated from w&l parameters in cad

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilco

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all..

In my design I'm using nmos4 and pmos4 active devices from AMS DKIT 3.70 PRIMLIB library. As shown in the figure, when I try to edit their properties in Virtuoso Schematic, their area and perimeter fields are recalculated for w and l values (and are not editable for that reason). So, there is no problem when I assign numerical values to w and l, but when I parametrize those variables (to do parametric analysis with the Analog Environment or to pass symbols parameters down through design hierarchy with "pPar") the area and perimeter values are miscalculated. In fact, they are not recalculated, and the last calculated numerical values remain fixed regardless the actual value the parameters take. I guess this is really no a Cadence issue, but a DKIT one. However, I need to get around this inconvenient and I don't know how to do that.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back