Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

More help regarding sinewave questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiddog

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

Just wondering if someone could help me with a few more questions .....

1).What is the frequency increase in octaves if a frequency is increased from 100 Hz to 25.6 kHz?

2).How many decades is to raise a frequency from 300 Hz to 3 MHz ?

3).A sinusoidal current has an average value of 7.5 Amps. Determine its r.m.s. value.

4).A sinusoidal waveform of 10 Volts r.m.s. passes through a voltage +5 Volts, 200 times in 2 seconds. Find its frequency.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Questions are easy. I think you should try to solve your homeworks by yourself. Just two hints:

Each octave the frequency is doubled, then starting from a frequency fo, after N octaves you will have_
fN=fo*2^2

Each decade the frequency is multiplied by 10, then starting from fo
fN=fo*10^2

Reactions: kiddog

kiddog

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you very much. Is question 4 just a case of 200/2?, the question just seems to be confusing me... sorry for sounding dumb I'm just starting out so it's all new to me!

Sorry, but in my previous answer there are two typos:

fN=fo*2^N instead of fN=fo*2^2
fN=fo*10^N instead of fN=fo*10^2

About the frequency (question N. 4) you know the wave passes through the same value (5V) 200 times in 2 seconds. You have to find first if 5V are the peak value (amplitude) converting from RMS to peak. Then take into account there is only one peak each period; but for each period all other voltages are hit twice (the sinusoid increases, reach the peak, then decreases). If you draw a sketch you can figure out better.

Reactions: kiddog

kiddog

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
For Q4 you could take a look at this.

Hmm, and look at , they must have taken the same class last year ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back