Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Monte Carlo Analysis Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsm113

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have designed some sort of current reference in 0.18 technology and I want to run the MC simulation to see how my design is effected under process variations and show that I have made some improvements in the error tolerance of the circuit.

I choose plot>histogram to see how my output changes after 100 runs and then choose one of the parameters. I'll get a completely different plot when I choose another parameter and the problem is that I don't understand what these parameters are!! there are two values at the right corner of each plot (mu & sd) which I don't understand what do they mean. I also don't know what are my X and Y axis!!

I'm quite sure that my I've made a big improvement in the process variation error. The only problem is that I can not show it using this monte carlo analysis.

sd: Perhaps seed no.? Default (when starting MC run from GUI) seed=1 (always).

Status
Not open for further replies.