Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Monolithic RF Amplifiers ERA2 1mHz - 350MHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheldonQ

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I search for Recommended Application Circuit for Monolithic Amplifi ERA-2+ DC - 4 GHz working from 1mHz to 350MHz.
Problem is in low freequency and DC coupled on output.
Datasheet
**broken link removed**

LF is not a problem, they work down to DC. If the DC couple dinput causes you a problem, connect your signal through a capacitor. The IC has it's own internal boias circuit so you don't have to provide your own DC at the inpout pin.

Brian.

- - - Updated - - -

LF is not a problem, they work down to DC. If the DC couple dinput causes you a problem, connect your signal through a capacitor. The IC has it's own internal boias circuit so you don't have to provide your own DC at the inpout pin.

Brian.

You actually mean milli Hz? Then 0 - 350 MHz would be a clearer specification. MegaHz is no problem of course.

Although these amplifiers can be operated with DC coupling, they are not particularly designed for it. You have to accept a DC level shift and offset drifts according to the transistor Vbe temperature dependency.

I don't know your application requirements, so I can't suggest a specific solution. For a stable DC operation point, you'll either need temperature compensation, a seperate DC amplifier path or a kind of autozero circuit.

And just looking for something like that. I need input amplifier to the universal counters, but to invent complicated than offset compensation and stabilization using two amplifiers. For Low frequency 0Hz - 100kHz use any operation amplifiier and for high frequency ERA. Well there will be switchable 100kHz filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back