Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Monochrome LCD Display specifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandar_mahajan

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Monochrome LCD Display.

I want to use monocrome lcd display say 240 * 128 in size for my new project.
Can anybody tell me what should be the specification of the display.
Is there any such displays available with complete microcontroller interface????

Any kind of help is welcome.

Regards
Mandar

Re: Monochrome LCD Display.

Hi,

Many of the modern glcds use single controllers have a serial / spi interface so its usually very simple to physically connect to a micro.

The problems for the diy user is that most run on 3v to 3v3 so an interface may be needed, and that they are on either very small pins 0.05" / 1.27mm spacing, that require very fine pcb tracks and soldering or the come with FFCcables and require a smd FFC connector.

The software - you do not say what micro or language you are using, but you may be able to find some ready made module or code to suit or write your own from scratch , which can be done - I have done some for 128 x 64 displays in pic assembler.

Status
Not open for further replies.