Not open for further replies.

Puppet123

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have Momentum slm and ltd files that define a substrate in a process.

Is there an easy way to convert these into an ASITIC tek file, I want to design some passives in ASITIC but dont have the tek file.

Thanks.

Thank you, will it work with default cell size and number of cell settings ? (1um, 256)

Thank you, will it work with default cell size and number of cell settings ? (1um, 256)

You can set this is in the m/matl Preferences dialog before export. But the ASITIC file is plain ASCII anyway, so easy to modify anything.

Thank you, what I meant was, will the default setting allow the converted .tek file to work in asitic ?

Are those settings the default settings for asitic tek files ?

The cell size in the ASITIC example tech file is even larger (2µm), but of course it depends what geometry dimensions you will create/simulate.
As mentioned above, this ASITIC output from m/matl wasn't tested much, so no warranties of any kind that it works for your needs

BTW, in another thread you asked about transformer tutorials. When I implemented transformers for my RFIC Inductor Toolkit for ADS, I found this paper useful: https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/b7b6/004fc2c9d05ff566799235794f519f28b3d2.pdf

Hello,

Thank you.

So if I use the cell size of 2um, I should be "safe" when using ASITIC ?

I am making mmwave inductors and transformers and they tend to have smaller dimensions.

So maybe 1um is better ? What do you think ?

Thank you.

Also thanks for the paper recommendation.

So if I use the cell size of 2um, I should be "safe" when using ASITIC ?

There is no "safe" value, the cell size determines how accurate the solver can place current/charge onto your metals. It really depends on your geometry details, and finer cell size allows more accurate modelling of high edge currents etc.

**broken link removed**

That said, 1µm is a typical value that often works, but if you create a balun with 5µm trace width then you need a finer mesh (smaller cell size).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…