Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MoM-volume or surface integral equations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aris25

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everybody...

I am applying MoM for scattering by dielectric cylinder in MATLAB.
I want to ask what is the best way to treat the problem, volume integral equations or surface integral equations?I have read in the book " Computational Methods for Electromagnetics (Peterson,Ray,Mittra) both of the ways.

Concerning volume integrals, i should split the cross section of the cylinder in cells (in contrast to the surface equations, where I divide the cylinder in segments).Can someone give any hint how to divide a circle into many cells-circles in MATLAB?

thanks
Aris

The volume integral equation has the advantage that it can treat inhomogeneous dielectrics, but it will be slow for large structures.

The surface integral formulation cannot treat inhomogeneous dielectrics, and it has some difficult to calculate singular integrals (I don't know any easy method to calculate them). However, it has the advantage that it can be treat larger structures since your cell numbers will be much smaller and thus the matrix to be inverted is smaller.

for dividing the cylinder, you may use volume triangulatoin (I think it was related to delauny instructions). I think there was also a some free program for meshing, you will find many overt he internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back