Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modular Design In Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

nullexception

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all. I have an arduino board with http://www.atmel.com/devices/atmega328p.aspx

I wanted to run java fx because of its nice user interface features but java fx requires at least 16mb of memory alone. To go around that problem,i have a solution in mind but i need advice if this can work.

My idea is to separate arduino which hosts the main processing programs and the display part.The display component is touch based. When a user enters some data and wants some action done by pressing say, submit, i want the data to be posted to the arduino program where the processing is done. Once the processing is done,the arduino program returns a response to the display for success of failure.

What i describe is analogous to ajax if you understand ajax or good old cpu,monitor analogy.

Is this kind of thing possible?.

Thanks.

Sure, sounds like a job for a simple serial port to me.

You will have to design a protocol for passing the data back and forward, but that is not rocket science.

Regards, Dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back