Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modelling surface wave losses in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

svarun

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
In the warm company of God's most exquisite creati
Activity points
Hi all,
I would like to thank Wiley and sassyboy for their kind comments to my previous post. I am thinking of ways of modelling losses due to surface waves in a p@tch antenna. I am working at quite a high frequency and the substrate is quite thick (0.05 of Lamda) and hence there should be a lot of surface wave losses ( greater than 40 % according to Pozar's calculation in an IEEE paper ). Is there anyway to actually find out how much of the energy is launched into the substrate in HFSS ? I am not dealing with an infinite ground plane as in case of say IE3D and so the surface waves launched would eventually find a way out thus disrupting the pattern a bit but how do I model this contribution ? Will finding the SAR of the dielectric slab help me in anyway ? Would finding the radiation efficiency accurately , help ? I am yet to start on this work and so any idea would be greatly welcome. Thanks for your time.

-svarun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back