Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modellign of a frequency dependant resistance ATP

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgalliano

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I am currently working on the modelling of a multilayer round conductor and I would like to implement it in ATP.
The main non-linearity of the device studied is for the resistivity, for which I made analytical calculations and found a simple enough frequency-dependant curve by interpolation. (Note that the calculations are made in sinusoidal regime).
Does anyone have any suggestions about how to implement this in ATP ?

My idea was to use a variable resistance (R(TACS) Type 91) for series resistance and "manually" draw a PI-model of a line in which capacitance and inductance can be ketp constant (low frequency variation for the inductance and the device should be no longer than a few meters).

As you can understand now, the model used for the resistance is the major component here. So is it possible to compute an instantaneous frequency of the incoming voltage wave in the model by a time-corrected instantaneous frequency algorithm, then used inside the model to calculate the resistivity ?
A transfert function may probably suffice too but I am not sure about it and which signal to use as an input for it, as I am quite new to ATP.

The problem studied might be close to the modelling of a cable/line in which skin effect is considered.

Thank you very much for your answer,

Sincerely,

François Galliano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back