Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modeling probe-fed patch accurately in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zangetsu57

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss patch probe

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a designing quad-band stacked-patch antenna array in HFSS using a coaxial probe feed. The elements should resonate at 4, 5, 6, and 6.5 GHz. We fabricated an array if these elements and took measurements of S11 for each element. I am trying to build a model in HFSS that can accurately model these measurements.

Initially, I modeled a single stacked patch element. The agreement with the measured results for S11 is good for the 3 higher resonant patches, but not so accurate for the lowest resonant patch.

In hopes to get more accurate results, I created a unit cell of the patch and simulated an infinite array using master slave boundary conditions. The results I get for S11, however, are even worse than for a single patch. The real array is fairly large, at 11 by 16 elements, so I would think this is large enough to use an infinite array approximation.

So, I must be doing something wrong with my modeling. I'm hoping there is something that can be done to increase accuracy. I've attached my two models in HFSS. If anyone would mind taking a look and give suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

-Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back