Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

modeling of discontinutiy by TDR and evaluatio in L,C,R netw

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicklas_a74

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all!

I want to model an microstrip discontinuity say w=100um to w=5um and study
the TDR respons for this. By using the TDR respons I want to be able to build an equivalent L, C, R network describing the TDR resppons.

Does any one have an CST project which I could use and have as an start?

I have tried with HFSS but since it is necessary to simulate at very high frequencies and translate the frequency in TDR it takes a lot of memory.

Could any one provide me with a CST project and an HFSS project working for the case described above?

Re: modeling of discontinutiy by TDR and evaluatio in L,C,R

I do not know about CST, but it should not be a problem with HFSS, just when you are setting simulation, do not set the rise time for equivalent sircuit too small or reduce the number of steps per rise time, so you would not need to simulate at very high frequencies and use a lot of memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back