Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Model 5812A UHF Data Transceiver - RC CAR PROJECT

Status
Not open for further replies.

emjez15

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
here's the picture:
UHFprod.gif

Link of the TRANSCEIVER

PROJECT: RC Car with Spy Cam that will be controlled in a laptop/PC..

1. Can I make a USB out of the last 4 pins in the lower right part of the picture?
2. Can I use Visual Basic to send data from transceiver to the RC Car? any tips?
3. Can I change the frequency of the transceiver so it will have the same frequency of the RC Car?

Thanks & God Bless
-EM

emjez15 said:
1. Can I make a USB out of the last 4 pins in the lower right part of the picture?

The device supports only 9600baud. So you will need to wire a USB driver specific to this device to make it work for USB (It might be easier to use the regular Serial port). Also, you might need some line/port drivers to connect this to the port.

emjez15 said:
2. Can I use Visual Basic to send data from transceiver to the RC Car? any tips?

This should be possible using any programming language which can access the serial port of a computer.

emjez15 said:
3. Can I change the frequency of the transceiver so it will have the same frequency of the RC Car?

From the specs it has a non configurable center frequency (315MHz). I do not think it is changeable without hardware modifications.

Thanks for the Info.

So Let's some it up, you think its not a good tranceiver for my project?

what transceiver can you advise?

thank you so much for the help

i was thinking about using 5812a uhf data transceiver for our thesis that uses wireless communication.
but can anyone tell me or justify that i can communicate well using this inside a building.
if i will be going to communicate to a room that is 5 meters away with obstructions made by walls?

here's the specs.

[/url]http://www.e-gizmo.com/KIT/UHF.htm

thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back