Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mobile without battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

kluivert

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mobile without battery

Could i power the mobile phone without battery , only using 5Vdc supply ?
if it's possible how i connect to the mobile power pins, i know that there are 3 pins 2 of them 0 and 3.3V from battery but the 3rd ???

mobile-phone+powering without-battery

With 5V you will probably burn it. The maximum voltage of a standard li-ion cell is 4.2V.

/pisoiu

power mobile without battery

I would not be surprised if it worked, my ipod runs fine off 4 AAs for a nominal 6.2 volts max.

you might want to increase the voltage slowly through a 200K resistor, but i doubt the buck/boost converter uses anything less than 20 volt mosfets.

Not all designs connect the power input to a converter. Some of them will power the GSM RF amplifier directly from the li-ion cell, and that one will definitely not withstand up to 20V. It's you cell phone after all, try and see, but don't blame others of smoke comes out.

/pisoiu

Use step down regulator
converter LM2576T-ADJ for 5 to 3.6v

Status
Not open for further replies.