Not open for further replies.

LandLack

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
my project includes the use of one SMD mixer, SYM-25DLHW (**broken link removed**) , used to upconvert a square signal (DC-to-around 30MHz) to RF tones (300 to 1500 MHz). Everything on the paper seems perfect, but once I've tried measuring an evaluation board I found out some strange output (se attached image). The mixer seemed also to manage badly the lower frequencies according to my opinion. I've tested other similiar mixers, like ZEM-4300MH+ (**broken link removed**), which worked perfectly (can be seen on the other attachment) with the same settings.
I've sent mails to the minicircuit's technical office , but it seems their e-mail server is off, since I only receive delivery notification fail. So I will ask you guy, if possible, to find out the problems with this device.

The images have a x-axis and y-axis value of respectively 1us/div, 200mV/div. The IF signal is lower than the maximum input possible (5dBm), so it isn't surely that kind of problem.

**broken link removed****broken link removed**

The attachments cannot be opened. Have you adjusted a proper IF input without a DC bias? Have you filtered one RF sideband only? Do you use a correct LO input?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…