Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mixer's upconversion problems: need some suggestion about measurement reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

LandLack

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
my project includes the use of one SMD mixer, SYM-25DLHW (**broken link removed**) , used to upconvert a square signal (DC-to-around 30MHz) to RF tones (300 to 1500 MHz). Everything on the paper seems perfect, but once I've tried measuring an evaluation board I found out some strange output (se attached image). The mixer seemed also to manage badly the lower frequencies according to my opinion. I've tested other similiar mixers, like ZEM-4300MH+ (**broken link removed**), which worked perfectly (can be seen on the other attachment) with the same settings.
I've sent mails to the minicircuit's technical office , but it seems their e-mail server is off, since I only receive delivery notification fail. So I will ask you guy, if possible, to find out the problems with this device.

The images have a x-axis and y-axis value of respectively 1us/div, 200mV/div. The IF signal is lower than the maximum input possible (5dBm), so it isn't surely that kind of problem.

**broken link removed****broken link removed**

Dear all,
my project includes the use of one SMD mixer, SYM-25DLHW (**broken link removed**) , used to upconvert a square signal (DC-to-around 30MHz) to RF tones (300 to 1500 MHz). Everything on the paper seems perfect, but once I've tried measuring an evaluation board I found out some strange output (se attached image). The mixer seemed also to manage badly the lower frequencies according to my opinion. I've tested other similiar mixers, like ZEM-4300MH+ (**broken link removed**), which worked perfectly (can be seen on the other attachment) with the same settings.
I've sent mails to the minicircuit's technical office , but it seems their e-mail server is off, since I only receive delivery notification fail. So I will ask you guy, if possible, to find out the problems with this device.

The images have a x-axis and y-axis value of respectively 1us/div, 200mV/div. The IF signal is lower than the maximum input possible (5dBm), so it isn't surely that kind of problem.

**broken link removed****broken link removed**

The attachments cannot be opened. Have you adjusted a proper IF input without a DC bias? Have you filtered one RF sideband only? Do you use a correct LO input?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back