Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mixer simulation method

Status
Not open for further replies.

zxcv2201

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to obtain a DC output value by using the same two frequencies as the RF and LO signals in the mixer. I am trying to create a mixer and check the properties of this mixer,
but I have the following questions. I want to obtain factors such as P1dB, IIP3, and NFdsb.

Do I need to put the RF and LO signals at the same frequency even during these simulations? Or should I put in different frequencies to find out their performance? (ex. 2.4GHz & 2.41GHz)

If LO and RF signals are input at the same two frequencies, the result is strange. Taking NF as an example, the noise becomes larger on the DC side, so the value close to DC showed a value of about 52 dB. The value is strange. In this situation, is it okay to put LO and RF signals equally?

Status
Not open for further replies.