Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mixed signal IC design

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranger01

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,

I have been working in Digital Design Implementation domain for the past 2 years. When we say Mixed signal design. It should be a mix of Analog and Digital designs right? Can anyone here give a simple example illustrating this fact in any Mixed signal block?

Any circuit dealing with intermediate voltages other than high and low.
Combination of above with few digital logic can also be termed as mixed signal.
SerDes, PLL etc.

It is not about mixing analog and digital design ... It is that u have both in your system (analog signal and digital signals) .. Input is an analog & output is digital in ADC and vice versa in DAC ..

refer to Principles-of-Data-Conversion-System-Design---Behzad-Razavi. if u wish

It is not about mixing analog and digital design ... It is that u have both in your system (analog signal and digital signals) .. Input is an analog & output is digital in ADC and vice versa in DAC ..

refer to Principles-of-Data-Conversion-System-Design---Behzad-Razavi. if u wish

That is not completely true... Think about a PLL, you can have a digital input and output, but inside its analog due to the charge pump and filter...... Therefore it is mixing analog and digital..

Data converters are just the simple example of mixed signal since like you said, analog in, digital out and visa-verse

Yeah i meant that for example in ADC , the input is analog and the output is digital .. i know about the PLL case . I was just giving an example by talking about the ADC & DAC

But thanks for your concern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back