Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mismatch analysis using Monte Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

gayu

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
monte carlo process mismatch

Hi,

When I attach my mc model file, on montecarlo simulation I was observing the mcdata and mcparam file generated. I did so to observe whether the variables I'm mentioning in my model file varies. While doing the process variations I found the parameters varying. But while doing the mismatch analysis, they are not varying and remain constant. Please help me regarding this problem. The problem is "Spectre is not statistically varying the variable parameters I have specified"..

Thanks,
Gayathri

gayu said:
Hi,

When I attach my mc model file, on montecarlo simulation I was observing the mcdata and mcparam file generated. I did so to observe whether the variables I'm mentioning in my model file varies. While doing the process variations I found the parameters varying. But while doing the mismatch analysis, they are not varying and remain constant. Please help me regarding this problem. The problem is "Spectre is not statistically varying the variable parameters I have specified"..

Thanks,
Gayathri

montecarlo simulation is a good tool.

I think you should check the netlist. the netlist you get maybe is the same as the

netlist of the normal model. so you should change the cellname in order to match

the cellname in the mc model file.

montecarlo simulation is a good tool.

I think you should check the netlist. the netlist you get maybe is the same as the

netlist of the normal model. so you should change the cellname in order to match

the cellname in the mc model file.

I'm little curious regarding what you are trying to convey. In the mc modelfile I have statistics block having both process and mismatch sub blocks and I include the original model file for the nmos and pmos in that mc model file. So, please clarify regarding what cellname you are suggesting to change and why is that so???

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.