Not open for further replies.

mw_rookie

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to use a Mini-circuits amplifier in a simulation in ADS. I have downloaded the S2P file from the Mini-circuits website. I can use a S2P data item from the palette and provide the path to this S2P file. Will that be sufficient to run a simulation or do I need to take anymore steps?

Also, if I want to add this component to the library, from what I understand, I need to create a model using AEL and then include all the parameters. Is my understanding correct? Is there no way to place a component that is already existing in the schematic and editing its parameters as per my current amplifier, then saving it as a different component?

Thanks.

If the amplifier has been modelled by s-parameters, you can work on with its' s-parameters, no additional information is needed.
If you would add another component which has been defined by s-parameter, you should insert a black-box for s-parameters from component palette in ADS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…