Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MIM capacitor mismatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usman Hai

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mim mismatch

Hi guys,
How much MIM caps match each other? I read some where its around 0.1% for 1pF cap. Does anyone have any paper etc regarding this? I am using TSMC 0.18um, so can I find any info from the foundry and how?
Regards,

capacitor mismatch

Usman Hai said:
Hi guys,
How much MIM caps match each other? I read some where its around 0.1% for 1pF cap. Does anyone have any paper etc regarding this? I am using TSMC 0.18um, so can I find any info from the foundry and how?
Regards,

I think it will be more than 0.1% for 1pF.
you will get it from the doucuments provided by TSMC.
You can see the mismatch with different value of capacitor.

mim capacitor common centroid layout

i think i recall the same number.

mismatch capacitor

The relevant data can be obtained from fab, if you didnot have one ,ask the fab for it.

DONT TRUST the data you got from internet, it might have such a big difference from the process you used.

matching of mim capacitors

dyjguilin said:
The relevant data can be obtained from fab, if you didnot have one ,ask the fab for it.

DONT TRUST the data you got from internet, it might have such a big difference from the process you used.
Yes ,it is right.and youcan improve the matching characteristic by some layout techniques.

capacitor mismatch units

does MIM capacitance need to be matched with the matching techniques such as using the unit capacitance array?

mim mismatching

swolf said:
does MIM capacitance need to be matched with the matching techniques such as using the unit capacitance array?

yes. if your design calls for it... use common centroid technique and use unit capacitance as you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back