Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mikroc in proteus ISIS - limitations

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdcnitw

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mikroc in proteus ISIS

Hi all
I'm generating a hex file using mikroc and using the same to simulate in ISIS (proteus)

my source code has about 5 nested loops within.......when i try to include one statement in my source code the simulation in ISIS is getting stuck where as if i comment any statement the simulations is running perfectly..........are there any limitations of using hex file generated by mikroc to use it in ISIS.....any help is appreciated...please help me.

thanks

I myself use mikroC and have also used Proteus to simulate my circuits and systems and i havent found single problem.
1. If you are using pic16f84 then simulate it on National instruments 'multisim'.
2. There are a bunch of other pic simulators availible. Try using one of them. If you are getting the same results, then, there is problem with you code.
3. Chk your settings for WDT.

thanks khansaab21 for ur reply...
could u please explain me what are WDT setting??

and i'm using PIC18f4250...
even include single letter in any of the statements makes the loop stuck in proteus simulations.....i thought it might be the problem with the memory of the PIC (RAM or the program memory) so i have also checked with the 18f4525 which have sufficient enough of memory....but the problem still persists......

please help me.....if possible give me ur personal mail ID i'l send my code and the ISIS schematic for ur review...

thanks once again...

Hi cdcnitw,

Please check whether you have specified the configuration bits correctly under MikroC. I've found problems when not setting the configuration bits for PIC18 series in ISIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.