Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Migrating from bread board to PCB (atmega 2560 + ENC28J60) SPI issue??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilboux

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I have a problem with my PCB. I have a working bread board version of my design. In the bread board version I'm using Arduino Mega 2560, "as a evaluation board" (using only the uP) ENC80J60 for ethernet connectivity and some other components. I got the PCB I designed this monday and I have been testing it ever since everything else works nicely, but for some reason I cannot get the ENC module to communicate.

Connections *SHOULD* be fine, atleast I have not found anything wrong with them during this week and believe me I have been staring at the PCB for a LOOOOOONG time :twisted:

I'm beginning to think this might be a SPI communication problem. For example I tried changing the clock output on the ENC module to 0 (so clock disabled). This works fine with the bread board, but the PCB still outputs clock (I quess it's the module default fclk/4).

I can't understand why the firmware works perfect in the bread bouard version, but not on the PCB. Does the processor on Arduino come with some preloaded settings that defer from "factory bought" atmega2560? Memory contents and fuses are identical after I load the firmware...:roll:

So, if anyone could be so kind to point me to a possible source of my current sorrows, I would be grateful...

Status
Not open for further replies.