Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microwave Engineering

Status
Not open for further replies.
microwave engineering 2009 syllabus

Foundations for Microwave Engineering
by Robert E. Collin

book of microwave written by liao

I have quite a few books in RF including Pozar. I personally do not like Pozar. I mainly use Pozar book on coupled lines and I don't think the way he present the topic is good at all. I also think Pozar book is a bit more advance than the typical introduction of RF.
I don't see any particular book that is good in all topics, I think "RF Circuit Design theory and applications" by Reinhold Ludwig and Pavel Bretchko is the closest to the best for introduction to RF. THe book is good in topic of phasors, 2 port parameters, smith chart, S-parameter, ABCD and Transmission matrix.

On specific topics:

---I use "Microwave Transistor Amplifiers" by Guillermo Gonzalez for small signal amplifier topic.

---I use "RF Power Amplifiers for Wireless Communications" by Steve C. Cripps for large signal amplifiers.

---I use "Synthesis of Lumped Element, Distributed and Planar Filters" by Joseph Helszajn for filters, immettance inverters etc.

---I use "RF and Mivrowave Coupled-Line Circuits" by Rajesh Mongia, Inder Bahl, Prakash Bhartia. "Transmission Lines and Wave Propagation" by Philip C. Magnusson, Gerald C. Alexander, Vijai K. Tripathi. for Coupled line circuits.

microwave engg.

where ca i get the solutions manual for pozar and samuel liao books?

microwave kulkarni

Pozar is no doubt the best, not the elementary, book in theoretical microwave engineering, I have ever read or seen.

collin microwave engineering solution

Pozar is OK and one other nice book is Collin's Microwave book.

solution manual of microwave liao book

Foundations for Microwave Engineering is good!

guillermo gonzalez and rf and spanish

I suggest a book by JORDAN AND BALMAIN which is "Electromagnetic waves and radiating systems" . It is a good bookfor beginners. Also try to extract large information through internet.

It looks like the link to the solution manual for Pozar's book has been removed. Does anyone have this manual available?

Re: microwave engineering book by kulkarni

Elements of electromagnetics by N.O.sadiku i found it prety much good book for microwave and transmission it really helps you to help the basics

Hello,
Please read that book. Microwave**broken link removed** engineering 3rd editions by Wiley | 2004-02-05 | ISBN: 0471448788 | 720 pages.

Last edited:

Dear Prof
I am Mr mohammed Chetioui, I am from Algeria. I am preparing my master in Bandpass filter using Defected ground structure with CST MWS. I read your paper, and I am interested in filter DGS but I am struggling in some problems which are :
I need the document ''Microwave Filters for Communication Systems - Fundamentals, Design and Applications''
please please please help me

what is the relation between coupling Matrix method and dimention of topology of circuit ?
how to work coupling Matrix method in Matlab?
It will be very helpfull if you can send me some examples of coupling Matrix method.

thanks for all.

- - - Updated - - -

Dear Prof
I am Mr mohammed Chetioui, I am from Algeria. I am preparing my master in Bandpass filter using Defected ground structure with CST MWS. I read your paper, and I am interested in filter DGS but I am struggling in some problems which are :
I need the document ''Microwave Filters for Communication Systems - Fundamentals, Design and Applications''
please please please help me

what is the relation between coupling Matrix method and dimention of topology of circuit ?
how to work coupling Matrix method in Matlab?
It will be very helpfull if you can send me some examples of coupling Matrix method.

thanks for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.