Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microstripline 50 ohm line length and quarter transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

paula_popa

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am designing a patch antenna at 60 GHz and I need a quarter transformer to match 100 ohm line to 50 ohm line. I adjusted the lines with in order to have the right impedance but when I tried simulations with different 50 ohm and 100 ohm line lengths the resonant frequency is not 60 GHz...I know this shouldn't matter but it looks like it does. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

length of transformer should be quarter wave at 60 Ghz. The transformer length will set the center frequency of the transformer's bandwidth of being a good match, but won't be responsible for the resonance of the antenna itself.

in this frequency 60GHz you must change the technique of feeding, i.e slot feed or coupling feed.....that is very typical and the surface waves effect 0 % .....

Status
Not open for further replies.