Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microstrip Patch Atenna in Microwave Office problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hasanalhasnawy

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Microwave Office

Hi Friends
I'm trying to simulate Microstrip Patch Atenna by using Microwave Office software on dielectric substrate of second layer of 2 layers enclosure. 1st layer is air with er=1. It is suppose that the height of the 1st air layer is not active on the final results of port parameters (S[1 1], impedance and other...). i see that when i changed the value of the height of 1st layer that affect on the antenna simulation results. Please can someone help me to give me the conditios or equation of the right selection value of the hieght of 1st layer.

thank you very much.

hasan qasim

Microwave Office

welcome Hasan,
how are you.

nice to see you here in edaboard.com

I am sure you will make use of this forum very much.

Welcome /Montadar

Microwave Office

As I know, in Microwave Office, the closure is not opened roof, instead it's closed by metal.Therefore the reflection changes from top cover when this distance is changed.
The reason might be..

Re: Microwave Office

Thank you very much for All
How are you? I hope all of them fine.

Thank you very much BigBoss for reply
Ok, but I set the top boundary of enclosure is approximate open 377 Ohm, that mean the enclosure is approximately opened roof. For more explanation the setting up of the enclosure is approximate open 377 ohm for enclosure top boundary and perfect conductor for enclosure bottom boundary. and the height of 1st layer still affectes on the simulation results.

how can I setting 1st layer is not active completely on the results of the Microstip Patch antenna which is printed on the 2nd layer.

Thank you very much for help and reply

Hasan Qasim

Reactions: Aya2002

Aya2002

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Hello Hasan Qasim,

The AWR MWO-EMSight is a shielded Mehtod of Moments (MoM) based Planar Electromagnetic Simulator and it is good for
Circuits such as Hybrid, MIC, MMIC PCB structures...

For using Antenna Analysis you need to take special care such as

1. To allow the antenna to radiate set the top boundary condition to Approx Open (which you did already)
2. Make sure the Antenna sits in the middle of the enclosure & doesn't near the walls of the enclosure
atleast far away 10 times the substrate layer Hieght (h)
3. THe Air layer above the dielectric substrate layer set to about 10Xh or 0.25 wavelength of the resonating frequency (fr)
Then you will get accurate results ...

For More details go through the online Help available in MWO...
MWO/AO/VSS User Guide -> Analysis Methods: Stability &Antenna -> Antenna Analysis Methods

Also if you want me to help on looking your antenna setup, upload the AWR MWO project file (*.emp) here or
send it to me manjunatha_hv@ieee.org

---manju---

Thank you very much Mr. Manjunatha_hv for reply,

God bless you

Regards
Hasan Qasim

hello mr. hasan qasim
to get a good results on your simulation
you must add an additional air layer on the top of encl.
with min h=10.lampda of lowest design frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back