Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microstrip fix antenna feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybcad

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am simulating a Sierpinski patch antenna side fed by microstrip line, but the input impedance is so high that the S11 is bad, how to choose the width of microstrip line to achieve a good match?

thanks

Hi,

I cannot get your point why do you make it side fed. I used it fed from the vertix with proximity coupling and gave me quite good input impedance. The optimization here is to choose the termination point of the feed line under the patch.

BR
Adel_48

hi adl_48:
can you obtain good input impedance at multiband? and how good the bandwidth is at each band?
in the paper "A Modified Contour Integral Analysis for Sierpinski Fractal Carpet Antennas With and Without Electromagnetic Band Gap Ground Plane" by Ban-Leong Ooi, the autor used the side-fed and he got the good input impedance,but he didn't introduce how to chose the width of the feed microstrip line, i just want to simulate the model he provided, but i can't obtain the same results.
would you please to upload your simulation model here,this problem has bothered me for a long time?

maybe you can use coaxial feed
and use side feed you can use some soft to computer a feed line

Hi cybcad,

I got your point I could obtain good bandwidth at only one optimization frequency but not at all the resonance frequencies. However if you would like I will upload my simulation, but it is on my laptop which is not at my hand now, so I won't be able to upload the simulation till saturday.

BR
Adel_48

cybcad

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back