Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microstrip antenna design factors affecting the range of antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

suvitha

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what are factors to be considered to design an microstrip antenna for a detection range of 100meters and how do the factors affect the range?

Re: range of antenna

Theres too many things involved.. You might need more gain hence you might have to design an array. Path losses need to be taken into consideration.. I mean theres a lot of stuff..
You'd be better off starting with the frequency of operation and then going from there..

Ananth.

suvitha

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

It seems that you only want a receiving antenna. So, the directivity (not the gain) is the most important part for you.

suvitha said:
what are factors to be considered to design an microstrip antenna for a detection range of 100meters and how do the factors affect the range?

suvitha

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

my requirement is to design a transmit/receive antenna for vehicular collision avoidance radar at 24GHz which should detect at a maximum range of 100...what are the fectors i should consider for the design to achieve this range and how should i proceed?

Will the vehicle come in a specified direction or in any direction? If it is the former, you may want an antenna array.

Anyway, I believe that the 100 meter range is not a big concern for your system.

suvitha said:
my requirement is to design a transmit/receive antenna for vehicular collision avoidance radar at 24GHz which should detect at a maximum range of 100...what are the fectors i should consider for the design to achieve this range and how should i proceed?

Try to obtain these parameters in consecutive order for starters, before you progress to add other things:

(1) Desired frequency bandwidth
(2) Dimensions constraints
(2) Good impedance matching
(4) Controllable radiation patterns
(5) Desired gain at desired frequencies
(6) Efficiency or directivity

Hope this helps.

BR,
Dave

range of antenna

hai u can get the information from antennas and propagation...go this website may be it will help u h**p://

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back