Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microstrip Antenna 3.5 Ghz for Wimax Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

mando88eg

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everybody,

I'm facing a problem in recognizing sth that i hope u can help.

My Grad.Project is to Design & Analysis a microstrip Antenna working at 3.5 Ghz for Wimax Application.

I search over the net and found that Wimax is working on 2.5 Ghz, 3.5 Ghz, 5.5 Ghz, ..., 11 Ghz

but i am so confused about the Operating or the Communication System as Gsm 3rd Generation or Umts 3.5 Generation or LTE 3.9 Generation as all of them are working in the MEGA Hertz range (1Mhz=10^6 hz) while my Microstrip antenna will be working isa on 3.5 Giga Hertz (1Ghz=10^9 hz) for Wimax.

How would they interface with eachothers ?

How do any generation work on Mega Hz will interface with wimax works on 3.5 Giga Hz ?

any one could tell me about the operating system for wimax ?? and how does it work ?

thanks

Yours,
Abdelmoniem

Dear most Abdelmoniem,

u said GSM 3G working on MHz range.. ummmmm

Let me clear it.
GSM 900 working on 900 MHz means 0.9 GHz.
But its Uplink(Mobile Set to BTS) BandWidth(BW) is 890MHz to 915MHz (=25 MHz)

So 1st term is operating freq = 0.9 GHz or 900 MHz
and 2nd term is BW = 25 MHz for uplink.

i share u a graph of Microstrip antenna which i design for CDMA.
There operating frequency = 2.4 GHz (Chinese convention)
and BW=(2.44GHz - 2.39GHz) 50 MHz ,at -10dB

So dont be worried brother. u work on 3.5GHz range in WiMax, but for BW calculation u got that in MHz range. It will come into S11 parameter output. check the graph. it will help u, i guess.

Best regards,
Refai Arafat
RUET, Bangladesh

yeah, i know about the S11 and the -10 db and how to calculate B.W, thanks Eng.Refai .

but i'm asking about the wimax range , i know there ara many ranges for wimax , and i'll be working on 3.5 Ghz , but is there any limiting for my bandwidth, as u know , i can get a larger bandwidth by changing in the height of the substrate .

so i wanna know the bandwidth for the wi-max at 3.5 Ghz .

Actually i designed a simple Rectangular & circular microstrip antenna.

i'll upload the s11 soon isa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back