Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microSD card project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am making a project where SD card has to be used to store some data. I am planning to use 8 GB SD card. I have written a code using FAT32 library and it is working fine with 2 GB SD card. I want to know whether the same code can work with 8 GB SD card and I also want to know can I use microSD card instead of SD card by changing the socket? If I use microSD card then can I use the same SD card circuit with microSD card with only change in socket for card?

You can use microSD through a passive adaptor which should clarify that it uses the same circuit.

8GB is SDHC type and uses a different address format in read and write commands. If your SDcard library is already aware of SDHC cards, it should work.

Thank you FvM.

You can use microSD through a passive adaptor which should clarify that it uses the same circuit.

What is passive adaptor?

8GB is SDHC type and uses a different address format in read and write commands. If your SDcard library is already aware of SDHC cards, it should work.

I have to check this... I am using mikroC PRO PIC FAT32 library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back