Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microscope for soldering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjadkhan

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, soldering smd packages like so,1206,sot are no problem with bear eyes but they also put some stress and i am a person with glasses. i have a magnifier lamp of 2 or 3x and works well. but now most ics of my needs comes in MSOP or TSSOP packages. which seriously i cant solder. so i am in need of a microscope.

two microscopes that i have selected are as under. can someone give me some suggestions which one to go for.

1. https://www.diyinhk.com/shop/usb-microscope-1080p-for-smt-soldering/48-1080p-smt-microscope.html

this #1 scope i a mod to microsoft webcam and has only one fixed zoom, it seems nice and promising and has depth of view of 10mm but require computer setup to run. here is the dave review for it:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIWUFFlr2I4

----------------------------------------------------
2. https://www.amazon.com/AmScope-SE40...qid=1415299508&sr=8-1&keywords=pcb+microscope

Well #2 scope looks good but i dont have any video review for it. i dont know its depth of view. lens are 10x and 20x which are too much. i dont know 5x is available for it or not.

so plz help me decide.thanks.

I would definitely go for the optical one. It sounds really awkward to me to try and look at a computer screen while trying to solder (but I've never used a computer-based scope). I use an Olympus stereo microscope, which is much more than the prices you are looking at, but it's got great clarity.

I have a popular 'helping hand' holder, with 2-3X magnifying glass.

To boost magnification further, I find I can piggyback several eyeglasses on my eyes.

3.25 diopter is about the strongest available off the rack. By combining a couple of these, I get 2 or 3X additional mag, besides the magnifying glass.

I get a stereoptic effect from a few inches away, which really helps, compared to a single eye through a loupe close up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back