Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontrollers other than the PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sputnik

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The PIC is the only microcontroller I ever been exposed to and know how to use. Other microcontrollers, such as the AVR, SX and 8051 (and others), are not readily available where I am so I have not been able to experiment with them and know very little about them. What website can I visit to find out information, projects, instruction lists and programmer circuits for them.

Sputnik

For AVR go to www.avrfreaks.net This is the best microcontroller forum and info site I have seen for any microcotroller family. They also have their own forum for AVRs and the forum looks like this one. Always great support in the forum.
Also check out Atmels own AVR site with many application notes etc.: www.atmel.com/products/avr

For 8051 go to www.8052.com

You can also find a lot of great site with google.
The links above are some of the first hits if you google for AVR or 8051.

TI MSP430 is also a very popular microcontroller, just like AVR, 8051 and PIC are.
SX is not very popular, but you can find info about it here:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Maxim/Dallas are just about to release a completly new 8- and 16 bit microcontroller family called MAXQ.
Read here:

This one ( **broken link removed** ) is good for 8051. The site provides free programmer schematic. Also, it provides free software to download the code to the chip.

A Google search with the keyword 'microcontroller' would give you plenty of results...

goto analog devices website u can get different mixed signal controllers and also see maximic.com

k.Bhaskaran

you should select a mcu that can do what pic can't do...perhaps you should select 16 bit mcu(look at : https://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/taxonomy.jsp?nodeId=0162468636K100 also there is low cost tools here : https://www.softecmicro.com/)...or DSP(escipially designed for control aplications- C2000 family from texas or 56f800/e family from freescale-)...
in my opinion if you know pic (12-16 and 18 family) it's waste of time to learn other 8 bit MCUs. learn something more advenced..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back