Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontroller with wireless hw & sw builtin

What is your interface preference for your projects?

• Wireless RF

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wireless Network

• Wireless IR

• Wired using standard protocols (network, RS232,485, etc)

• Wired direct (remote a/d signal input to local hw)

• Other off-the-shelf solutions

• Other custom solutions

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mwhackman

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wireless hw

Seeking ability to use wireless network with a microcontroller. Could be anything from a pic with built in HW/SW facilitating wireless network or any IC or ASIC that could be easily interfaced to a standard microcontroller. I've considered using off the shelf USB wireless cards with a USB port on a microcontroller, but that's cumbersome both in HW and SW for what I want to do. Also, standard RF and wired solutions other than networked ones would function physically, but would not allow the abilities and transparency that a wireless network interface offers.

After a brief search/review here turned up no results, I thought I'd ask for direction to known topics related to my subject. I don't ask that any provide a specific detailed answer but that and general discussion of possible alternatives would be a bonus. I simply am looking for links to existing solutions or commercially available products and have not had luck in search engines using a variety of keywords.

I could do the legwork to design and build my own hw/sw, but I don't need to re-invent the wheel while trying to build a better racecar. I'd prefer to find an existing solution to work with that includes all hw and all necessary machine and/or OS level coding to interface at a mid or high level with my own hw/sw. I have many great projects sketched out for which this is a key ingredient.

Thanks for any input or commentary you may have for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back