Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontroller - vb6

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECG eng.

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey ... iam trying to connect 16f690 microcontroller through UM232R (UART to USB) converter into vb6, it looks like the data are being sent from the microcontroller but they are not recieved in the vb6 and i cant see them on the form, also i am not able to send to the microcontroller .... hv no idea what's the problem... ??!!!

note: the baud rate is the same in both

regards,

You may try out same thing using hyper terminal and verify whether your communication link are properly work if it is work fine then check your VB6 code

heloo frnd i dd tried that and nothing changed ..?? i cant see the virtual com port after installing the driver in the device manager ??!?!!

first check whether the data are successfully sent to PC from micro controller. U can use Hyperterminal available in start---> program-->accessory-->communication-->hyperterminal in winXP. first set parameters as port-- com1 or com2 according to ur PC, baud rate(same as sender) ---> parity none , stop bit 1, flow control--> none. after connecting serial port to PC com 1/com2, reset ur controller and observe whether data are coming or not. If no character are there then there's a problem in ur microcontroller program / hardware.

Goood news frnd the program worked ... ;) but still some troubles the data doesn't stop from coming (receiving), the microcontroller transmit in a loop and never stop i have un-enabeld the transmition but nothing changed. ??! wt else can i try ?!

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,
If the microcontroller keeps transmitting then there is something wrong in the microcontroller code. You should check that.

Status
Not open for further replies.