Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontroller<--->USB printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

hynix

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
microcontroller usb print

Hi folks!

I am trying to build a gadget using microntroller to interface directly to print data to USb printer can any body expert out there helpme out to resolve this.
my idea is to

1. Either use the popular 89c51/52 uC serially transmit the data to some suitable usb converter IC like populer PDI11 from philips or FTDI chip and interface to to the USB printer.

2. Next to use directly an USB microcontroller which will interface to the USB printer. like populer EZUSBAN2131 from cypress and could be many more cadidates for this application

My qury is can I directly send the control commands and pcl commands to the USB printer using any one of the above schemes will it work.

plese do let me know,

thanks in advance for the participation in discussion.
8)

interface microcontroller usb printer

hynix said:
Hi folks!

I am trying to build a gadget using microntroller to interface directly to print data to USb printer can any body expert out there helpme out to resolve this.
my idea is to

1. Either use the popular 89c51/52 uC serially transmit the data to some suitable usb converter IC like populer PDI11 from philips or FTDI chip and interface to to the USB printer.

2. Next to use directly an USB microcontroller which will interface to the USB printer. like populer EZUSBAN2131 from cypress and could be many more cadidates for this application

My qury is can I directly send the control commands and pcl commands to the USB printer using any one of the above schemes will it work.

plese do let me know,

thanks in advance for the participation in discussion.
8)

I would suggest you first read some USB papers. All the chips you mention are designed for use in/as peripheral devices, and do not have any host capability. They will not interface to you printer.

See https://www.usb.org/ for the docs.

Cypress also has some info on this, see the USB Embedded Hosts section on their site.

usb printer interface with microcontroller

I thinks if you use 89C51/52 for interface with USB you cannot have speed match, because if you use 89cXX speed serial maximal only 19200bps.
Recommended if you use microcontroller integrated with USB internal from Atmel AT89C5131 or AT89C5132.

microcontroller usb printer control

As far as i know only Philips & Cypress have USB host chip's

You also need to write the driver for the microcontroller your self

best

bobi

usb printer to access through microcontroller

CP2101 USB<>RS232
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.