Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Microcontroller selection for the project

Status
Not open for further replies.

sham1810

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need a Microcontroller for my project that involves a camera with RS232 serial output with 115200 bps baud rate.(**broken link removed**). I'm looking to convert serial output of the camera into parallel 8 bit output with sampling of 10khz.
Microcontroller should have a USB interface and enough memory to store camera data for atleast 20 secs or so before output starts. It can be a buffer or an external/internal RAM or flash memory. I'm looking for an optimal microcontroller for the job.

Also there's another camera model available with same specifications but with TTL interface(which one would be better).

Also any other setup for the project is welcome(not involving FPGA's). I want to keep the project simple enough.

Alright. So data storage is not feasible. How about removing the storage and reducing the fps to 5/10 and start output simultaneously.

Ok. Reducing resolution and fps.
320 x 240 pixels x 5fps x 1 (no storage) = 384KB
Too much for microcontroller internal RAM. Anyway, it will be a stream with 384KB/s data rate. Impossible again.
You can easily use your camera for taking single photos because it producing normal JPEG compressed images. Then just store them to SD card. Possible, you will can make 2-3 photo per second depends the card speed. Think about it. Video stream is a very difficult task.

Last edited:

I agree with Easyrider83.... the memory requirement is very high for video processing application...

In my view you should explore FPGA option for this kind of application....there are DE2 boards are avaliable for Video Processing

Refer link-

DE2 Development and Education Board

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back