Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontroller programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

erodeboy

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
at89cxx programmer

hi all, i want to build a microcontroller programmer for at89cxx series of microcontrollers and want to write the software by myself using VC++. kindly help me in this regard.

thanks in advance for responses

Check this site, it may helpful.
**broken link removed**
Regards,
Davood.

I believe that the best approach is to use a slave located outside PC in a small board, in charged with all the stuff involved in AT89Cxx programming (I understand you want be for 89C not 89S).
The communication with the slave will be done through USB port using i.e. FTDI chips (DLL's on their web site for various programming tools) or even a microcontroller with USB included.
This way you can be with one step in front of Wichit Sirichote, well known for his programmers **broken link removed**
If it's a chalenge, otherwise why would you bother to reinvent the wheel.

I had made two programmers, one for pic16's and one was for pic18's with Borland Builder C++ 3. The best suggest I can make is to say work with parallel port. It is funny and the easiest. (sorry for my foreign language, easiest or most easy, whatever :))

you can not program at89cxx by computer ports only since it needs a high voltage programming altough you can program at89sxx family since they have ISP capability i think atmel had an aapplication note about that check their site

for at89cxx series i think the programmer designed by sunrom is very nice
now it is in single side board also
check this link
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.